Want to join a company where every voice counts, and contribute to improving the most complex and controversial of public projects?
- Across the UK
- £16.85 per hour plus travel time over 1hour
About the role
Are you an experienced facilitator who is available over the summer?
At Traverse, we help organisations who are dealing with complex and controversial issues to understand what the communities and people affected think about their projects and proposals. We use transparent processes and evidence-based research, engagement and consultation tools to engage and weigh every voice, personal and professional, whether loudly proclaimed or seldom heard.
We are currently looking for experienced facilitators to help us deliver an exciting nation-wide engagement programme over the summer months. The workshops will take place both during weekdays and weekends and some overnight stays may be required.
The nature of engagement work means that we foresee an ongoing need for facilitators on future projects once our summer programme has completed.
The facilitator will be expected to:
- Lead and guide discussions according to set research objectives.
- Take comprehensive notes to enable understanding and reporting of discussions.
- Think quickly and respond effectively to the group’s dynamics.
- Maintain energy throughout the workshop.
This role will suit experienced facilitators who enjoy talking to members of the public and are happy to travel around the UK.
As a contractor you will have flexibility to accept jobs and will not be obliged to take all work offered, however there is an expectation that you will be able to accept a reasonable proportion.
- The facilitation work will be paid at £16.85 plus £2.03 holiday pay per hour
- Any travel time over 1 hour will be paid at £10.55 plus £1.27 holiday pay per hour.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses will be paid from your home location.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of facilitating groups, including managing challenging conversations and stakeholders.
- Experience of summarising and recording group discussions.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and flexible at short notice.
- Ability to write legibly, it may not be you typing up your notes.
How to apply
Please send a full CV with a covering letter focussing on your facilitation experience / relevant skills.
If your application is taken forward, you will be invited to attend an interview and to complete some assessment tasks.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In a world where everyone from policy makers to citizens has a distinct perspective, every decision we make has to stand up to challenge.
Our clients rely on us when the issues are thorny and good decisions matter. From health and social care integration to airport expansion, social isolation to the future of energy generation, we bring our expertise to help clients listen, analyse and act decisively.
Traverse was established in 1989 as the UK’s first employee-owned “public interest” company. And we are proud of our employee owned credentials. Today, we are a highly successful and well-regarded research and consultancy organisation which supports and champions the delivery of social impact. We’re passionate about making a difference and this passion motivates us to deliver high quality services and outcomes for our clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applicants who satisfy the minimum standards of the role may be asked to take a number of ability tests before being progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. If an ability test has a feature that, in the opinion of the applicant, places a disabled person at a substantial disadvantage to other candidates, Traverse agrees to take such steps as is reasonable to mitigate the disadvantage.
Should an applicant be able to demonstrate their ability for the role as laid out in the job description by any alternative method, this will be given due consideration by Traverse.